Thursday, July 19, 2012

Soft Romantic, Smokey, Colorful Summer Eyes


So a few days ago I had bragged on my Facebook page about how I had just made my newest favorite makeup purchase and that I was going to blog about it. Well I have been so busy that I actually completely forgot until I was reminded last night. 

I was at the mall with my daughter and cannot not go into Sephora. Every time I tell myself that I am just going in to look but that rarely happens. I mainly just wanted to check out the Smashbox BB cream (which I am actually really loving) but while I was walking down the aisle there was what I think just might be the most beautiful palette I have ever seen. It was the Smashbox Shades of Fame Palette. This is a limited edition palette for summer 2012 that I am not sure how I have not seen already.  The shadows in this collection are like my dream come true. Seriously if someone had asked me to put all of my favorite colors for summer together this is exactly what it would have looked like. Every color is gorgeous but sherbert and pacific are to die for.

Included are:
9 vibrant shadows
BLISS (pale golden beige)
HONEY (soft translucent yellow/pink)
SANDSTONE (soft sandy beige)
NUDE (matte soft caramel)
SHERBERT (shimmery coral)
SAFARI (deep golden green)
PACIFIC (shimmery aqua)
PRALINE (bronzed)
MOCHA (toasted brown with gold flecks)

2 luxe cream liners
GOLD
BRONZE

Double ended brush (shado brush on one end and flat liner brush on the other)
Photo Finish Lid Primer (mini size)

When I find something I love this much it is always such a hard decision for me if I want to keep it all to myself or add it to my pro kit. I had a photo shoot the following day and the theme was soft romantic so I already knew this palette was coming with me. Here is a look that I created on one of the beautiful models using Bliss, Honey, Praline and Mocha. 

Photo by Leann Holtsman
Model: Reanna Petroski

This is limited edition so I am not sure how much longer it will be for sale but it retails for $48.00 and is available at Sephora or Smashbox.com

Oh and for you lovely readers of my blog if you order from Smashbox.com use the code FAME2010 to get a free photo finish luminizing foundation primer with any order before 10/31/2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment